Position Vacant: River Restoration Project Manager
The River Restoration Project Manager will be responsible for delivering a total of eight projects. Plans for the extent of works and estimates of materials needed to complete each project have already been prepared. All necessary permits are also in place.
The projects are all due to be completed as soon as possible but it is expected that with weather delays, the works will extend to June 2023. The hourly rate will be $37.50 plus 25% casual loading and mileage from home to the sites will be paid at the ATO rate (currently 78c/km).
The timing of the work is going to be completely weather dependent so it will be important that the person appointed is able to be extremely flexible in terms of their availability.
Tasks will include:
• Scheduling (and potentially rescheduling) contractors and material deliveries to account for the ongoing wet weather
• Liaising with the funding bodies and the landholders at each site to keep them up to date on any delays
• Arranging purchase and delivery of materials to each site (rock, root balls, pins etc)
• Monitoring the expenditure on materials and updating each project budget spreadsheet to reflect actual expenditure
• Submitting invoices from suppliers to the Admin Officer for payment
• Liaising closely with the contractors to ensure that the projects are delivered according to the agreed plan of works
• Ensuring all safe work method statements and environmental management plans are adhered to
• Where required, installing site barriers and environmental controls e.g. sediment controls
• Where required, managing site access and safety
• Providing input to any reporting necessary on each project
If you are interested in this position and are able to start work at the beginning of October, please provide your contact details and a brief description of your relevant previous experience to the Chair of Nambucca Valley Landcare Board Sue Salvin, firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd September.